best wife friendly monitor?

Choosing between Thiel PCS, B & W 805's, or Tyler Acoustics Taylo reference for our living room full of antiques. Driven by Rotel 1070/1080 combo with Rega Planet 2000. Eclectic listening habits with a 2000+ cd collection.I have been known to crank it up when the little lady is out. Want to enjoy my hobby while maintaining marital bliss!
maxnewid
My Onix Ref 1's in Birdseye Maple are absolutely gorgeous speakers. The only monitors I think look better would be the Sig 805's, which cost much much more. Also I like the Opera suggestion, and would probably add Totem as well.

Gary
My Harmonic Precision Caravelles from Star Sound, had a very high WAF. The fact they they were black posed a bit of a problem, for her. She got through it, and after seeing the stands: I was set free. BTW, they sound pretty good, as well... peace, warren
Based on your CD collection I would upgrade your CDP so you can really enjoy your large CD collection
I second the Focus motion. Also, check out 'classic' Epos 11 or 12s in walnut - I still think they are beautiful but can be sound quality beaten by any number of other monitors. Also, my wife found the Soliloquy 5.0s in rosewood beautiful and but found them a bit hard and etched sounding. I bought 'em and sold 'em in one week. Maybe my system wasn't right but I bought brand new Merlin TSM-MXs in piano black and the lovely lady thinks they're also quite fetching! Also are the finest sounding stand mounted speaker I've heard in my house easily defeating ProAcs, Coincidents, B&Ws, etc.
Consider asking your wife what she prefers or will tolerate. Chances are she will appreciate your vote of confidence in her ability to know what is wife friendly. Along with the above suggestions you should achieve a well rounded list.