best wife friendly monitor?

Choosing between Thiel PCS, B & W 805's, or Tyler Acoustics Taylo reference for our living room full of antiques. Driven by Rotel 1070/1080 combo with Rega Planet 2000. Eclectic listening habits with a 2000+ cd collection.I have been known to crank it up when the little lady is out. Want to enjoy my hobby while maintaining marital bliss!
maxnewid
just come home with a pair of those blueroom minipods that look like little snowmen...after your wife nixes them, most monitors will be fair game with the WAF factor I assume.

dunno...just a thought.

The Sonus Faber line as mentioned above would be a good choice. Elegant cabinet work, the stands look nice too.
Another one to give consideration would be Opera.
Totems pack alot of sound in a small attractive package.
The 805s have a futuristic look that may not work with the decor.
Focus Audio FS688. Tony has a mint demo pair here on Audiogon that is near the price range. Check out the pictures in Burr Walnut.

To me these are the ultimate WAF high performance speakers. Only 13"x7"x10" with gorgous Burr Oak and Burr Walnut finishes available.

Go to 45hz and will at least equal or exceed the speakers you listed in performance. Check out the reviews.

Yes, I'm biased I own a pair.
Totem Arros are very clean and have a small footprint with no stands required.
B&W signature 805's. Contrary to Classicall's opinion above, having had/have two pairs of B&W speakers, they are hands down the best WAF I've owned and garnered the most positive responses of any speakers I've had.