best wife friendly monitor?

Choosing between Thiel PCS, B & W 805's, or Tyler Acoustics Taylo reference for our living room full of antiques. Driven by Rotel 1070/1080 combo with Rega Planet 2000. Eclectic listening habits with a 2000+ cd collection.I have been known to crank it up when the little lady is out. Want to enjoy my hobby while maintaining marital bliss!
maxnewid
I would go for the Tylers (no bias, of course). ;-)

The PCS is also a good speaker... I think either of the two would work well.

---Dave
Whoa.. with all due respect, I'd be carefull about calling the B&W 805 series - 'wife' friendly. I've been in showrooms and actually heard comments like, "I'll be damned if that's going in our living room", and "it looks like a miners light is staring at me".. If you chose B&W, I'd highly recommend not surprising your wife with them.. Don't think you'll get much complaint though with Dynaudios birdseye maple-sonically or esthetically .. good luck!
How about Harbeth compact 7s. They're a bit bigger than monitors but they look beautifully retro. and sound great.
In order to accomodate my wife's esthetics and the windows behind my speakers, I had Ty of www.tyleracoustics.com custom build a Linbrook three way 9"wide X 35" tall with a full grill covering the port. I sent him a picture of our cherry furniture and he matched the speaker finish to it perfectly. (see my system pictures)

Now I have some great sounding and looking speakers that meet both my wife's visual and my auditory esthetics.

Talk to Ty, he's very acomodating and his custom rates are very reasonable.