speakers with Ebony finish

I am looking for a high quality speaker that offers a real ebony veneer as an option. Not "ebony in color" but actually ebony wood.

So far I have only come across the ProAc line. Any other suggestions out there? I do not want to break the bank but would consider a moderately priced unit (2500-4000).

vnt001
I've mixed up Tyler and Taylo and ended up with Taylor quite a few times myself. It usually takes me a few times to get it right when I search or try to visit his webpage. Ty, why did you do this to us?

I've spoken with Pat, at Meadowlark, a few times and he will do custom finishes for you.

Veneer prices from oakwood veneer company for the 20mil paper backed stuff per sheet (32sq/ft):

Gaboon Ebony: $495.68 + shipping
Italian Ebony: $239.68 " "
Macassar Ebony: $447.68 " "

Good Luck,

Most speaker manufacturers will charge you for a full sheet unless they stock it. You'll be surprised about how much veneer is needed to cover all six sides of a speaker. A small pair of monitors can use over 10 sq/ft when you allow for trimming of waste.
Rlwainwright, read carefully. The G&R speakers that Albert recommended are fully assembled at this price.
Gaudio_eek is correct Riwainwright, the entire speaker with custom cabinet is $4500.00 retail as a kit, within $500.00 of his stated maximum.

Most Audiogon members are handy enough with a screwdriver to install the drivers and damping material. The GR is a world class speaker, competing against $30,000.00 speakers. I was excited to be able to suggest them.
Albert,

I have seen the GR page before, and they do look interesting. Have you had a chance to listen yet, or have you just seen the finished product? Looks like a great deal.

Joe