Introducing Tubes?

Hello gang!
Well, It's been said of my system that "you could use some tubes in there". So, here is what I have: McCormack UDP-1/ Lexicon MC8/Krell FPB400cx. Tyler Linbrook Signature System (1piece speaker).
The system started as a home theater set up, which for family reasons, I should keep. The Questions:
How could i add tubes to the setup for 2 channel listening? Just add a tube cd player? Add a cdp AND a tube pre amp? (The Krell will do the amplification. ) Would that be enough to get the "tube sound" that has been so often described here on Agon? (I've never used tube gear). What would be a good sounding tube CDP for a rookie tube guy? (around $1000 new or used) Suggestions and/or advice is welcome and appreciated.
Thanks so much.
paul
oldpet
I favour tubes on the pre.Important to see how a tube pre will match with the Krell,look at the voltages and impedances of both components.Get a good matching tube pre with your excellent ss power and welcome to .....heaven !!
Good idea !
Very good tube CD player Audio Aero Capitole Mk2,but expensive.
Good luck
Chris
I personally think the preamp influences system sound mo ethan any component and thus would suggest a tubed preamp might be what you're looking for. But first ask yourself, are you saying you need tubes or are your friends? If you like the sound then stick with what you have, but personally I couldn't be without a tubed preamp. What's your price range?
I second Jond's response as it has been my experience as well. A tubed pre-amp is easy and economical to maintain and generally speaking the heat/ventilation issues associated with a tubed pre-amp will be minimal. As an example a used conrad johnson PV10b can be had here for around $750. There are other choices as well if that doesn't meet your requirements. Your choices for a tubed CD player are limited especially in your price range.

Chuck