Supertramp

Particularly the album 'Paris' which ive always thought to be one of the greatest live albums of all time although some beg to differ. The song 'you started laughing' will forever stay with me as one of the greatest songs ever performed live in concert. Are there any Supertramp fans amongst us that might share their admiration for the band?
donjr
Donjr - if you like Supertramp, I think you will like both Open the Door and Eye of the Storm. I probably prefer EotS a little more than OtD but that is based on just 1 listen to each. Recordings (Lp and CD) both seem a little "hot" (emphasized treble) to my ear but not terribly so.
Big Supertramp fan here, too. Those guys could write melodies that would keep you up at night. And nobody defined their sound like Roger Hodgson.
Rebbi - if you don't have them, the solo stuff I mentioned by Roger Hodgson is very enjoyable.
Yes, loved Supertramp and got the kids listening to and talking about them at an early age, which in part got them playing instruments. They're teens now and much more into music than their peers. I credit the home music system and a steady diet of classics like 'Tramp for that

Hodgson was great but Rick Davies piano work (Rudy, School, Child Of Vision) and deep, low vocals were what hooked me. The musicianship of the group in general--they had an extraordinary drummer in Bob Benberg (?) and the winds/sax, Helliwell. They reminded me of Tull and ELP, just lighter, frothier and more pop centered. Their music remains accessible and vibrant. Definitely still holds up today. Thanks for the reminder, time to pull out Quietest Moments and Crime again!
Samuel,

I got my 10 year old daughter hooked on Supertramp just playing it in the car on the way to school. She was fascinated by the vocal harmonies and strong melodies.