"Non Inductive" resistors.

I have a couple of Boston Acoustics speakers that I picked up for free at the dump. The woofers were torn, but the boxes and grills were like new. I put in a couple of Dayton Audio woofers, and they are better than OK except that the tweeter needs about a 4 ohm padding resistor.

In view of my minimal investment, I don't feel inclined to use exotic resistors. Question is...so what if the resistor had a bit of inductance? Wouldn't the resulting roll off be well above the audio range?
eldartford
Herman...Not really. Since "audiophile quality" non-inductive resistors are quite inexpensive (compared with inductors and capacitors) I have never given much thought to why non-inductive was important. The financial considerations of patching up a free set of junked speakers caused me to question the reason, so I thought I would ask the question and see if anyone can come up with an explanation. Isn't that what Audiogon is for?.
In my opinion, the explanation for why non-inductive resistors are necessary doesn't require a lecture: it is marketing at its finest. "hey, our speakers have non-inductive resistors...bet that beats your speakers!" A bag of laughs.
Theaudiotweak...As I said, I have always used "Audiophile" resistors (not necessarily North Creek items). But I don't know why, and I rather doubt that it would make any difference for these little boxes. When I replaced the crossovers of my Maggie MG1.6 I used $4 resistors, but that was only 2 percent of the project cost, and not worth much thought.