Experience with B&W 703?

My situation, that it really matters or not, is that I haven't been able to sell my old Sequell II's, so I'm going to have to trade with the dealer - he'll give me a very fair trade price. Anyway, based on the lines he carries and my budget, my choices are limited. The 700 series seems to be my best option. I just don't like the sound of the 704's - a bit too laid back and "vailed" in the mid to high ranges. I'm waiting to get back there and audition the 703's, but I thought I might get some feedback here. Most of the reviews I've read of the 703's say the same thing; that they tend to be a bit forward and bright. I don't want to end up with an edgy or harsh-sounding speaker. Any input from those of you familiar with the 703's would be greatly appreciated.
2chnlben
FYI, both previous posts are mine (I wanted to add that question in the last post and remembered to log in with my user name).... sorry for the confusion.
I bought my 703s in March of this year(upgraded from ESS AMT10bs). Yes lots of burn in as they sounded real bad when i forst got them home. MF 3.2cr, AR 7 cd player, bi wired audio note blue, B&W ASW1000. The harshness seemed to persist though and I added a cary 303/200 Cd player. Still using a pedestrian IC. The sound opened right up with the Cary and the listner fatigue dropped right off. They do need more power and im looking at upgrading that next. I listen to rock and like it loud even under powered the sound is great at levels. Its also great to put on some Bacharch then throw in back in black and be hapy with that sound too.
Oskar - Chizzill. I said that I don't know if the ones I heard were burned in, who knows. The electronics were good, (middle of the Classe range gear) the room was pretty good, the sound was bad. I certainly am not convinced that no one else could like them - but I would also certainly recommend hearing what else is out there before buying them.

$500-$1000 speakers I've heard that sounded better than the 703s when I heard them-

GR Research Paradox 1
GR Research A/V
Klipsch KLF 20 (with SET amp)
Von Scweikert VR1
Dynaudio 52
GMA Europa
Quad 12L/21L
Bottlehead Straight 8

Granted, some of those are standmounts and are missing the bottom hz, but add an Adire Audio Rave sub for $400, and you're in business full range.
I'm glad you mentioned which ones you thought sounded better because I've heard all of these exept the GMA Europa and GR Research and none came even close. I'm glad my ears are my ears.
Well, I suppose I will chime in here for one last comment, and then let this thread die.
I now have the 703's in my 2 channel system. I did notice that they were too harsh and bright right out of the box, but this was to be expected; the Kevlar used for the mid-driver is a very rigid material that needs to "soften up".
Now with more than 400 hours on them, they sound very good; much "bigger" and fuller- sounding than any stand-mounts that I've heard. I like them, but I realize there are better speakers on the market. I do like the way they play very loud and remain in control; the bass is fast and tight and the mids are actually quite lovely. B&W utilize a metal dome that, like all metal domes, imparts a “metal” sound, which some may describe as bright. The best way to position B&W's is to toe them out, slightly away from the ears, as this tends to eliminate much of that "direct" contact with the tweeter (still "toed-in", but not as direct as with some speakers). They’re a good solid speaker, built by a company that is very serious about how its products stack up in the market place. They would try VERY hard not to release a product in this price-range that failed in comparison to products costing less than a third what they retail for...common sense. B&W has way too much competition to slack off and they have the R&D capabilities to design and build some pretty darn good stuff.
If I had the choices, I would probably have gone with a different manufacturer, but I was limited. All told, I am not unhappy with the 703's. They do sound better after a long break-in and utilization of lots of good clean power.

Thank to all

2chnlben