Experience with B&W 703?

My situation, that it really matters or not, is that I haven't been able to sell my old Sequell II's, so I'm going to have to trade with the dealer - he'll give me a very fair trade price. Anyway, based on the lines he carries and my budget, my choices are limited. The 700 series seems to be my best option. I just don't like the sound of the 704's - a bit too laid back and "vailed" in the mid to high ranges. I'm waiting to get back there and audition the 703's, but I thought I might get some feedback here. Most of the reviews I've read of the 703's say the same thing; that they tend to be a bit forward and bright. I don't want to end up with an edgy or harsh-sounding speaker. Any input from those of you familiar with the 703's would be greatly appreciated.
2chnlben

Showing 3 responses by oskar25

Goatwuss,
What if what you heard was not a good representation of the 703's? You seem so convinced that noone else could like the sound of these speakers, yet there seem to be many positive responses for these speakers. Does this bother you? Is there an agenda that we should know about?
FYI, both previous posts are mine (I wanted to add that question in the last post and remembered to log in with my user name).... sorry for the confusion.
I'm glad you mentioned which ones you thought sounded better because I've heard all of these exept the GMA Europa and GR Research and none came even close. I'm glad my ears are my ears.