which monitor isn't lacking in the bass dept.?

I will be using audio refinement cd player, and the audio refinement integrated 65 watt amp. I listen to a lot of female voice along with electronic, jazz, blues and even the likes of rage against the machine. I might put on diana krall and the next minute listen to radiohead, so it really runs the gammut. So for the heavier stuff I like good deep accurate bass, but I have to use a monitor because of room size, 15x11x8ft. Or a small floorstander with good bass that won't overwelm the room, I don't want to spend more than 2000$ new or used. Thanx
sean34
I recommend JM Reynaud Trentes which have terrific midrange and high end but the bass coming from those 8" x 10" x 16" boxes is nothing short of amazing. I know the way they handle the bass on the first song on Kid A (Radiohead) is very satisfying but the way they do acoustic music is even better. Plus they are easy to drive, 30 watts will do fine. I used to have Maggie 1.6s which have great bass as well and these almost go as deep but are more articulate IMO.
i second Jh2os response about the Mani 2's from totem. very musical full range monitor. they are expensive but worth every penny. they are rather ineffecient, so you need a good powerful amp to drive them. i upgraded from a pair of totem 1's mated with a REL sub in my audio room. For $2000 used, you can buy a small totem floor standing speaker. I would audition the staff, hawk, and forest speakers, and of course the mani 2's.
Hi,
I just picked up a pair of these from KAVD and for the price they are a very impressive speaker.
I have owned JM Reynaud Offrandes and the Focus Audio 688 monitors,two very impressive speakers.
The bass on the Aurum Cantus is precise with depth and texture.
The g2 ribbon tweeter is one of the best I have heard and the driver intergration is excellent.
Fit and finish is excellent.
Kellsie AV Design is the importer and mods the speakers to achieve the level of bass and intergration.
He is a great guy to deal with and has them listed on Audiogon under KAVD.
IMHO these are a real sleeper.
I'm also going to give his Kavent/Shengya CDP a try.