Best $1k pair of floor standing speakers?

I know, I know, not another best of thread.
But here goes...
I can pick up a brand new pair of KEF Q7's for a little less than a grand.
I've heard them, liked them very much, but I'd like to check out a few others.
Any suggestions?

Regards,
geoh
If you had the room, the amplifier power, and the aestetic willingness, I think the best speaker you can buy for around $1000 is a pair of used Magnepan 1.6QRs. I haven't heard a speaker for less than ~$3000-$4000 that I prefer more. It has beautiful top-to-bottom coherence, good dynamics, great micro and macro details. It is a little soft at the very top of the frequency range, particularly when compared to Magnepan's true ribbon designs (the 1.6 uses a quasi-ribbon design) and its bass is wonderful as far down as it goes (~35Hz, depending on the room), although it sounds (or should I say feels) different than the bass coming out of typical box speakers. It is a sure classic and one of, if not the most affordable truly "musical" speaker ever made. I respect people who are not Maggie fans, but I have to admit I don't understand them. . .
What happened to the Cornwall's? They would be a nice choice for inexpensive, but super sounding, amplification.

Would be best to list the rest of the system in order to receive knowledgeable input (this includes my post as well as any which proceed this added info:-).

Room dimensions/listening styles are also important info.
Good points Dekay.
Room is small about 11x14x10
Listening styles, let's just say I'm a big Dream Theater fan.
Cornwalls are way, way to big for this room and I'm not a big horn fan anyway.
Amplifier will be the McCormack DNA-125
Preamp McCormack RLD-1

Gmood1, I will definately check into the Soliloquy's. I've heard some of these, not sure the model, a few years ago and was very impressed but not in the market at the time.

Audiolaw,
I've owned the Magnepan 1.6 in the past. Your right, very nice sounding speaker. But also way to big for this little room, proper placement would be impossible.
I'm going to have to vote for eminent technology LFT-VIIIa's. They need a fair amount of power to really get them going, but they're the best speaker i've heard in the ~$1000 speaker category.
DEFINATELY agree with the 5.3 Soliloquy's for your room size.
Be prepared to put WAY more than the recommended 500 hours on them before they really get sweet. Most sell them before they get magical,, definately worth serious consideration.

Probably one of the best values in speakers around right now imho.