Energy Veritas 2.1 sound too lean

I recently purchased a pair of Veritas 2.1 monitors and have reached the recommended 100 hour break-in period.
Overall the speakers sound great except for male vocalists who sound quite lean and slightly to the rear of the soundstage. I'm playing CD's through my Creek integrated amp sound which normally sounds fuller and more robust on my old mini-monitors. I can't seem to get the timbre and/or harmonics that I think these speakers should reproduce with male voices.
Anyone else have a similar problem? Possible solutions?
128x128edg2
GIve tube power a try...a nice round midrange would give the Energys some needed weight and warmth...Jolida comes to mind....
Are they on stands? the stands must have sand
in them. I put sand in my stands & they are a
totally different speaker. They were just like
you described before the sand.

Vinny
Well, I've tried 3 different CD players, amps, cables, different rooms, stands, reverse phase, resistors on the tweeters, still burning these babies in 10 hours a day while I'm at work and though they do have a full range including some real nice bass for bookshelf speakers, the doggone male voices still sound bright and horns sound sizzly. I have't tried the "warm" tube amp yet but these things may have to go back to the dealer next week. Any further thoughts and tweaks before the FedEx man arrives?
Guess what? I've been burning these 2.1's everyday for the last week and they're actually starting to sound better.
I think Hoggshead knows what he's talking about! These Veritas 2.1's need a lot more than 100 hours before they give you a glimpse of how good they can be. Still experimenting with more cables and a 4th CD player, but I managed to get them to sound pretty close to how they sounded at the dealers shop, so I might not ship 'em back afterall.