Von Schweikert VR2 vs Sonus Faber Grand Piano H

I'm very curious as to how these 2 compare. I had the opportunity to audition a pair of SF GP Home and was blown away by everything I heard. Not that it is too difficult for me to hear improvements from my little Axiom M3tis...I'm in the market for floorstanders and these 2 seem to be good choices. I have a Blue Circle CS and a Roksan Kandy CD player.
Anyone had the chance to audition these?
Thanks,
bluecirclehead
I am in agreement with Oz. They were too forwatd a speaker for my tastes and although the imaging and soundstageing was good..it was not exceptional or as good as VSA touted them to be. The rear tweeter was more of a nusense in the long run. I might suggest a look at the Usher Audio line. I moved to the 6381 and right away I can hear the exceptional qualities of this speaker. Smooth, dynamic and better bass than the VR2..if fact I recently heard from a member who thought( and that of a panel of listeners) the Usher X929 at $2800. Retail, was substantially better than even the 4Jr. speaker. That was their unbiased opinion and speaks well of the Ushers. :) My impression of SF Gp's were that of a slightly bright sound to my ears.
Hi,
For once, I feel almost uniquely qualified to respond....

I am listening to my Sonus Faber Grand Piano Home speakers right now. Needless to say, I love them. Needless trivia... they are playing Jackson Browne's "Lawyers in Love" right now. A poor quality disc of fair music, and making it sound very nice. With better discs (Rock or Classical or Jazz, you name it) they just make me smile endlessly.

Now, I live in Chicago and make frequent trips to Decibel Audio (remember John Cusack's t-shirt in "High Fidelity"?) where the Von Schweikert's are featured, and I sit down and listen to them whenever I'm there. They are the speaker that I want to replace my Paradigm Studio 60's in my other system. Would I replace my SF's with them? No. I would say that the Von Schweikert's are more lush and rich and work well if your musical preference leans toward jazz. Classical would be a wash. They both sound fabulous. The SF's probably come out ahead with good ol' Rock and Roll.

You're gonna own a fabulous speaker either way.
You might keep your eye on this auction as there's no reserve.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14993&item=5724093816&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
I'm not a fan of SF's house sound; a little too laid back for my taste. However, I can definitely see how they would have their fans. Aesthetically, they could be the most beautiful speakers on the market and from my experience, they are supremely forgiving of the source. The VSA's are more dynamic, not as colored, and are very fast once you've got them mass loaded. While the VR2's are excellent speakers, there's no denying the JR's are better, particularly through the midrange.

I agree with TFK, you can't really lose here and if your were blown away by the SF's, get 'em.
Thanks for all the useful replies. I decided to go with the VR2s. I'm actively looking for a maple pair in the market but will buy only if they are really cheap :)