Wilson or Kharma

Let me start by saying that I know this is a very subjective question, still I need some valid opinions. I am thinking about going a different route with my system (I am currently using Martin Logan Prodigy's powered by an ARC VT-200). My room is 19x15x11.

I have a couple of reasons for the change:
1.I would like a speaker that did not require as much power, and I could in essence have more amp. options in this regard (although I do want to stick w/tubes).
2. I would like a speaker with a little more low frequency "impact" than my ML's (this might take the Kharma's out of the running??).
3. The Prodigy's are quite large, something a little smaller might be the ticket.

I have never heard either the Wilson W/P (7's)or the Kharma's (3.2's) and am going on review's and Agone feedback and threads. I would of course try to audition before purchase but it might be hard as there are no dealers for either of these brands in my area. I would like to buy used so that might be a concern as well.
Any feedback on this would be great........... anything else I should really consider???

Thanks
cmo
cmo
I find these discussions to be remarkable, less because of what they reveal about the nature of the equipment than what they reveal about the people that use it. Listening biases are much more clearly divulged than any truly salient characteristic of the components musical abilities. That being said, I will add my humble opinion to this list because I've heard both speakers in similar conditions. First off, both the 3.2s and WP7s are immensely likeable speakers. I found neither off-putting during extended audition, both leaving me with the intense desire to listen further when the CD or LP was finished. For me, this is the first, and most essential measure of a speaker's ability to convey music. I've found many wonderful sounding speakers that fail in this regard. The second most critical characteristic of a music system is the ease with which I become emotionally engaged with all kinds of music. In this regard I found the WP7s to be my better match. The range of emotions that I found myself experiencing while listening through them was extraordinary, and unprecedented. I found the 3.2s to be engaging as well, but not to the same degree. I'm not at all interested in exploring the high-end lexicon for sonic explanations. That is better left to the critics for whom that is their bread and butter. Suffice it to say that these speakers differ significantly in their sonic emphases, and that could bear significantly on your preference. Finally, there is no way that I would substitute anyone's experience for my own, especially with components as special and expensive as these.
Listening to both was a great pleasure that I wouldn't want anyone to miss.
Neither! Your speakers are better than W/P or Kharma. You will be regressing if you are to switch to either dynamic speakers. W/P are as demanding speakers with unquenchable thirst for power. Maybe Revel Salon, but only if you must!
If I had enough money I would just grab a pair of VMPS RM-X..just for 10 000 $..best bargain..
"Finally, there is no way that I would substitute anyone's experience for my own"

Siliab, without going through the coarse and fine of things, if you tell me the moon is round. I'll believe you. Sorry, for the off topic. :-)
I'm sorry--but 20k for a 2-way with no bass below 40hz is just the total rip off in audio (and yes, i've heard them). I like the Midi-Grands if you go with Kharma, but obviously they are 2x the price.

At 20k, i don't think its hard to ask for a full-range speaker. Even Wilson, often called "overpriced," gives you one for 20k.