Audio Kharma website

Do people take this website serious. They have a thread about bacon that has over 1000 posts. One guy was complaining that audio was an expensive hobby but only had 300.00 tied up in his system. They think that audio made during the 70's blows away gear made in 2013. I can't figure out if these people took to much acid back in the day or are people really that stupid.
taters
I hang out on AK and my system is excess of $65,000 with McIntosh, Audio Research, Krell, Sony SACD, B&W Nautilus, and transparent cables.

I also am tickled to death at finding good sounding gears for a few hundred $ that comes way too close to my main system for comfort.

One of my 3rd systems I assembled for $70 and it sounds quite good! If you heard that, you would agree... It's Denon Cd-Receiver with Klipsch KG speakers. What a synergy it has - provides good music while I soak in warm water (please be very careful not to let water near electricity - as we all know, if you too have a system there)

Some people don't have the money to spend like some of us, but they deserve great music too - please don't knock it.
I have learned a lot at AK. There is much more to it than the Bacon thread. There are a lot of talented techs both professional and serious hobbyists that contribute.

Another thing I like about AK is their appreciation of quality vintage audio. Yes, I appreciate the high end. I have Ear, Thiel, and Audio Research gear running currently, but I also love vintage gear. The build quality surpasses most contemporary pieces and the audio is generally very good to excellent.

If you are of limited financial means (most people are), AK is a great place to find out about quality audio that is within reach. For a lot of people that rules out $500 cables. But hey, I have some nice cables, and while I bought them for a reason, they are really the smallest part of the overall equation. Decent cables can be bought for $50.

Oh and I have heard the uber high end too. Sorry, it is simply not that good. If you have the money, have at it. It is beautiful stuff. But not having it does not preclude you from a quality audio experience.