JMLAB, QUAD OR THIEL.?

About $1100 - 1300 price range which speakers fit better,
jmlab, Quad, or Thiel?

/
emily25
Do you floorstanding or stand-mounted speakers - the Thiels are floorsatnders but you could really only get the smaller one used for that price.

What are you lookng for in a speaker - what characteristics do you like or don't like.

I really haven't listened to Thiels or Quads - but might I suggest Acoustic Energy AE309's - they list for $295 new and have that classic british sound.

Dave
Between your three choices, and your associated equipment JM labs might be first/best choice. Theils are nice, but a bit difficult to drive and the Quad especially difficult (as unsound pointed out). If dynamic range is a priority and/or maybe deeper bass then I would be even more inclined to take JM labs instead of Theil. This is assuming used prices too. For $1,100 to $1,300 new I think JM labs is the only choice (and a better balance for your gear).
You can research past comments about any models you may be interested in by doing a forum archive search. But you should really try to go and audition some different speakers before making any decisions, at local shops if you're planning on buying new. You can also do a search of used items for sale on Audiogon by your ZIP code, limiting what you see to those within your local area so you can go and listen to them, possibly bringing your amp along. And either way, don't forget to take some of your favorite disks that you are very familiar with, instead of letting whoever is doing the auditioning for you play something you've never heard before which they think will show off their speakers.