Putting floorstanding speakers on stands...

Anyone try doing this to get them at more of an ear level point?
matchstikman
I did something similar to Woodman, added 3 inches in height.

Big difference for me, I was really tired of 'listening down' to the sound stage and the midget band effect.

Just get some different size bricks, decide on the right height then make something.

Cheers
On the other hand you could always throw out those midget "girly" floorstanders and get yourself some "real man's" floorstanders ... preferably ones that require 2-3 people to lift, and will kill you if they fall on you.
Sound Anchor can fabricate custom stands for floorstanders. I have a pair of Monitor Audio Studio 20s and I needed to raise them 4". The stands are metal, quite heavy and the spikes allow for tilt adjustment. Cost was about $250. By raising the high I was able to correct for a treble suckout.
Sistrum SP101's under my still almost Dunlavy SCiv's make a marked improvement.. The way these platforms are built allows me to adjust and compensate for floor irregularites left to right and align the tweeters so they are slightly north of my ears. The position I prefer. These platforms enhance detail, speed, imaging and enlarge the soundstage in all directions.. I higly recommend these platforms.. Tom
With the same speaker, KEF 103/4, but with different amps, I had different results when raising the speaker off the floor.

When I had the Aragon 8002, I had to keep the 103/4 far away from any wall including 8" off the floor. Now that I am using the Gaincard, I have the speaker only a few inches from the rear wall and no longer raising it off the ground.

The KEF is a 3-way speaker with about 40" height.