New Speakers 1k

I currently have Vandy 1C's, but we're redecorating and I agreed to go to smaller speakers. I have a CJ MV-60,with a Shanling directly into it (no preamp). I'm interested in the Spendor S3/5 and the Harbeth HP3ES, but must admit I'm visually intrigued by the Gallo satellite set up. I listen to all kinds of misic, from Bach to Tuxedomoon to Willie Nelson. I can spend about1K. Any suggestions? Thanks.
wiley
I have a MV 60 and prefer monitors. The Spendor 3/5 is fine, but you may find it bass shy. ProAc Tablet Reference 8s would be nicer than the Spendors – better midrange and imaging. Both will be big room sensitive. Used Signature 50’s would be idea, but probably not within your price range. I agree as to brightness of the Triangle. The new VonSchweikert was rather dull sounding, but that was a CES impression. Sonus Faber and new Quads are good choices. Silverline SR 12 is in your price range and a stretch to the SR 11 is a nice move up. Audes makes a nice sounding speaker, but I heard of possible QC problems. Anyone else hear this? Meadowlark Swift and Swallow love tube amps and have the same footprint if you used stands. And for something totally different, listen to one of the full range driver speakers. Start with omegaloudspeakers.com. Lewis makes a good product. They may be larger than you want, bu take a look. As you can see, there are too many options.
Guru, you are close about the Triangles being bright, but know this, they were designed to be used in conjunction with tube amplification, having said that, I went to tubes very recently and Viola....end of story.
Please, do myself & you a favor if you can and
listen to a pair of Green Mountain Europas.
$780 new and they are unbelievable!

With stands you will be at your mark. I actually played
a little Willie last night for a friend (the type of
guy who usually just listens to my new speakers and say's
hmmmmm pretty nice)and he now has to have a pair.

When you close your eyes, you will swear you are listening
to a full range floor stander.

Please consider them before you buy, I think you will
be VERY happy you did.

Bob