Smartphone for the audiophile?

Android vs Iphone. Is the Iphone the obvious/only choice? I am thinking in terms of pc audio control apps, direct streaming, plug in portable hi fi, mobile ipod music, in vehicles, internet radio, output to DACs etc. I realise this question depends on many factors, but in general, which serves the audiophile better, and why?
mike60
Mapman,

Right, but that sounds like something a normal person would say, not an "audiophile".

It seems to me that BOTH devices can climb way up the audiophile mountain by simply bypassing the internal DAC and amp?

With Apple, this seems to be more proprietary, subject to licenses, docking stations etc.

With Droid, this seems to be more open source and easy to achieve, albeit with the right cable which I still cant find.
I've heard about the LG G2 (the LG flagship model) it supports 24-bit/192kHz audio playback. Anyone here have experience with it?
the latest android phones work well because they have good processors, plenty of battery power and you can download a 192khz/24 bit player for high rez music. The gotcha with all is the 64gb sd card limit. Last I knew iPhone did not support 24 bit playback
Apple is probably too LCD (least common denominator) in its approach to ever have the best onboard sound potential. Not to say the latest and greatest Apple products are not perfectly adequate for most.

Goodle/Android is more of an open ecosystem of various products. More variety to choose from. Audiophiles tend to like choices, not LCD solutions.
@Davide, with android devices there's not much problem if you are running out of space. You can use something like the Meenova Mini MicroSD Card Reader to add adtitional space.