Can I get "Great" used speakers for $1800??

I got only have $1800 to spend on "used mint" speakers. Can I get something "great" for my money??---- something that is musical, accurate, coherent with tight bass and good soundstaging. I see a lot of good stuff on Audiogon for $2800-3000, but just can't hack those prices now. Can I get close to that "performance" level for $1800?? What will be missing?? I listen to lots of classic rock, big band, and jazz. Thanks, Jimbo
sunnyjim
Thiel or Proac is what I ended up getting. My Maggies hit the road after I heard both of these speakers
The Thiel 1.6 is exceptional (extraordinary IMO) and should come in under $1800. Needs good associated components.
Gmood1, I agree with what you said, I just raised the number a bit to make the point a bit that 1800 is just entering the good zone. Also I think most speakers that are great in the 3-5k range need a sub for the bottom octaves (all my opinion of course)
The Vandersteen 2CE is a great new speaker that retails for about $1700. So I would have to say yes :).
ProAcs are nice but I think their better sounding speakers are the larger more expensive speakers and I have found they require tubes (which could get expensive)

NHT 2.9's are great speakers that you could surely get in your price range. I think these are highly underated speakers