Does anybody know what's wrong with Tyler's bass?

I have checked some reviews on Tyler's Reference Monitors (I mentioned that I am planning to upgrade my Paradigm S-40) and found that everybody likes thier mids and highs but they say that Tyler's bass is "bad news" (from SOUNDSTAGE review).
Does anybody have any experience with those speakers to confirm or deny that?
How is this bass in comparison with Paradigm reference monitors?
Thanks
danieldobrovetsky
I recently upgraded to a pair of tylo reference monitors & matching sub from a pair of Vandersteen 2Ce sig's. The Tylers wipe the floor with the Vandersteens in my system. I read all the same reviews & had the same concern about the lack of bass since I have never owned monitors before. All my concerns went out the window as soon as I set the Tylo's up. With the sub I can have more thump than needed & with it set at a reasonable level I have more slam than the big Vandies ever hoped of achieving. I don't have any experience with Paradigm but for my money, in my system, in my room, playing rock & roll, there has been nothing finer. I also had a set of Kestral hot rods that couldn't come close to the Vandies as far as bass impact was concerned. Buy the Tylers & don't look back, you'll be glad you did.
The blame here shouldn't fall to the shoulders of the Tyler acoustic monitors, but to the category of monitors in general.

Your gonna need a sub with most speakers unless they boast dual 12's or 15's (assuming you care about music under 35hz)

What you trade off for in the bass department with monitors you gain in soundstage and clarity. Figure your gonna need a sub with most speaker setups (not all!, like Dunlavy or VMPS ~!)

so go from there
Hi Guys,
Thanks a lot for your responses and suggestions.
I eventually found one monitor which denies the theory that monitors can not produce a good bass without compromising clarity. The one is Totem Mani-2 - the flagship of Totem monitors. It goes amazingly deep and still detailed and cristal clear.
I tried monitor-sub combos and found that subs are usually boomi and kill monitors' clarity by this.
The only problem with Mani-2 is that it is a POWER-HUNGRY BEAST.
My Bryston 3-BSST with 175W per channel is barely enough for this speaker so I am considering to go up to Bryston 4-BSST.
Thanks again.
I have to revise this, the active 20's and 40's Paradigm made are awesome. I am sure with bette crossovers the others would sound better as well.
I have to revise this, the active 20's and 40's Paradigm made are awesome. I am sure with bette crossovers the others would sound better as well. The 1801's are as good, but it is important to give credit where credit is due, and Paradigm deserves it for these.