Toshiba 9200 or Sone 9000 for DVD HT

Which progressive scan DCD player is better as far as far as DVD picture quality. The Sony 9000 ES, or the Toshiba 9200 on a Sony XBR 400 HDTV capable TV?

Has anyone done a AB test with them?
ttaylor
I compared these two players side by side for progressive video performance only. Out of the box the 9200 was softer and the color intensity was down. This was on my ISF'd Elite 510. What was really strange was the 9100 I owned had the same color intensity as the Sony unit! Anyway, you can increase the color intensity on the 9200 but it bothered me it was inconsistant with the 9100 and the 9000.

I chose the 9000es because once I tweaked it's progressive output it was simply sharper than the 9200. The 9200 was to soft, which may be an advantage on grainy/noisey transfers. For your set I strongly suggest the 9000es which is a real bargin right now.
I am sure glad everyone is bright enouph to realize that Sone is really Sony. My bad.

As I expected it seems about 50/50. But the Sony folks provide a sightlly stronger argument.

Any type breakers out there?

I forgot to mention that the DVD plarer will be hooked up to a Lexicon CP-2.
Aside from the 'killer blue light', the Sony s9000es is really a well built product with first rate picture and excellent sonics for the money.

I've not listened to the Toshiba 9200 but I used to own the 5901. It was nice but the Sony was simply better in most if not all categories.

If you shut off the digital, the video portion, and the LED display, you should hear significant improvement in the sonics department.

A nice machine for the money.

-IMO