Vandy 2Ce Signature Vs. Vandy 2Ce

Has anyone done comparisons between Vandersteen 2Ce speakers (which I have) and the Vandersteen 2Ce Signature speakers which are Stereophile B rated ?
chander
My take on it, was the 2Ce was the most musical and best balanced. The Signiture version just did,nt do it for me. I did like the heavy screw terminal barrier strips that the Signiture offered, though. The same hookup was offered in the Great and Scarce Vandersteen model 4 of 1987 vintage.
I agree completly with maxgain. I owned 2ce's for many years and they are very easy to drive, anything reasonable over 35watts/ch should do it. I've used a dynaco stereo 70(35 watts/ch), conrad-johnson mv-50(45 watts/ch) and audio research classic 60(60 watts/ch) all with excellent results.
The 2CE Signatures are worth the extra money. If you can swing it, a pair of 3A Signatures are unbelievable and a huge step up in every way. I own the 3A Signatures and have heard my friends 2CE Sigs connected to my system. The difference is enormous and enough to make you want them immediately upon hearing them. As a former musician, I know what sounds genuine and the Vandersteen Signatures get you closer for the money than anything out there I've heard. Having been to CES numerous times and having heard tons of systems, my view has yet to change. Not to mention that the model 3's and above are guaranteed to be upgradable as technology moves forward.
Make sure that you have a good dealer who can answer all you questions! Don't call the factory! Better yet buy something made by people who will deal with you in a polite fashion like Magnepalanars, they know how to treat their customers,unlike "Dick" Vandersteen!
Folks! I've owned Vandys 1ce and the more power I've throuwn on to them the the more sound they gave. They like the high current as well since their impedance varies between 2 and 6 ohms. Vandys 2ce have the same load characteristics with extra driver and crossover. I've auditioned them to upgrade my 1ce and in the same setup with Rogue88 1ce sounded more dynamic and open. 2ce had their mids backed up or "hidden" inside their towers. Bass??? He..He... almost none. Now what's wrong in setup: Basis 1600? Benz Ruby2? Phonomena, AE3 or Rogue88?
I can say that 1ce can often sound better in the same setup than 2ce and 2ce sigs all together.