Vandy 2Ce Signature Vs. Vandy 2Ce

Has anyone done comparisons between Vandersteen 2Ce speakers (which I have) and the Vandersteen 2Ce Signature speakers which are Stereophile B rated ?
chander

Showing 2 responses by steve440

The 2CE Signatures are worth the extra money. If you can swing it, a pair of 3A Signatures are unbelievable and a huge step up in every way. I own the 3A Signatures and have heard my friends 2CE Sigs connected to my system. The difference is enormous and enough to make you want them immediately upon hearing them. As a former musician, I know what sounds genuine and the Vandersteen Signatures get you closer for the money than anything out there I've heard. Having been to CES numerous times and having heard tons of systems, my view has yet to change. Not to mention that the model 3's and above are guaranteed to be upgradable as technology moves forward.
In responce to Maxgain's negative comments reference Richard Vandersteen and his company, I couldn't disagree more. I've owned different models of his speakers going on 18 years and have had nothing but positive conversations with him, both over the telephone or in person at CES. He and his company are extremely well respected and liked by customers and dealers alike. At CES I saw a sales rep displaying $20,000.00 speakers in his suite talking with Richard at his audio suite about the Vandersteen model speakers the rep owned. Richard is not a snake oil salesman or flash in the pan designer. His products pass the test of time and reproduce music in a natural way that very few other designers can at anywhere near their respective price ranges. Maxgain, I'm sorry to hear you feel so negative about Richard Vandersteen and you did not describe you incident with him but I can asure you that you that he is an excellent designer and family man.