Anyone Switch from Electrostatic/Planar to Dynamic

I was wondering if anyone has switched from Electrostatic/Planar speakers to traditional dynamic speakers and if so, from what to what and why? Thanx!
ericpsych
I never thought, after years of Maggies (1.2s, 1.5s), that I would go back to cones and domes...but I did, although they're not conventional boxes.

My current Alon Vs have the transparency, coherence and airiness I loved about my Maggies, are nearly as fast, but have deeper bass, greater dynamics and a much (MUCH) wider sweetspot. Get 'em away from walls, point 'em straight ahead and they're happy. Huge soundstage. They disappear. And they don't have to be cranked up to sound good.

I still like planars and stats, but I feel like I can have most of my cake and eat it too with the Alons. They're wonderful speakers for music lovers who like the transparent, unboxy sound of planars/stats but want more bass and dynamics.

Heavy buggers, though.
Switched from Magneplanar Tympanni I to Ohm Walsh 4. Had the Tympanni for 10 years, then CD players came out and you could drive the base without the tubes arcing and the needle jumping.

I remember comparing them side by side. The Typanni played solo voice and solo instruments better and were more sensitive. The Ohms were better all around sound, good symphonic and rock. The Ohms had a better dispersion and were easier to place in the room, and fuller lower end. Now the Ohms are 18 years old but still perform well. I plan to update the Ohms with their 200 MK II conversion kit. I am not turned on by the conventional box speaker ($3000-12,000) I hear in the audio stores. However, I suspect that not much sounds good in audio stores and a home trial is best (if you don't need a folk lift.)
Well guys ... I'm lovin' my Legacy's more by the day. I'm constantly amazed by the overall quality of sound for the buck. Besides owning the MLs that I sold in order to get into the Legacys, I have also owned Acustat III's and modified IV's. All I can say is, I'm never going back. I am impressed with the new Maggies though. BUT ... why go there when you need at least 200 expensive watts to drive them properly? The last time I heard the Maggie 3.6's was at the CES in Jim Winey's room. They sounded really great, but he was driving them bi-amped with (I think) over 600 watt per side. Man, you would have to spend at least twice what you pay for the speakers to do that. Not me ... I'll take my little ARC Classic 60 and just let it coast driving my Legacys.
I started with the Carver ALIII plus. Had them for 5 years, moved to ML SL'3 for 3. I then went to Dunlavy
SCIV-A. I was very impressed with the SL'3's--clarity, fairly good soundstage and wife-friendly(Looks). The dunlavy's are, IMHO, at par with the Prodigy's in bass and clarity. I listen to different music and occasionally HT. I am very happy with the switch.
From kef 104 to ML quest good move, I still have the
logan, bought Andra good move but I miss the soundstage
of the logan, plus I think I was able to match the Logan
to the max. Good thing I did not sold them, but I did
rewire the logan with siltech that made big improvement.