Sistrum Platforms

Has any one tried these in thier system and how is the rack at reducing vibrations? Thanks.
esb
Based on my expirience, the Systrum platfrom did nothing but scratch the bottom of my equipment. Now the good part, should you ever need to call Star Sound, good luck. They hardly ever pick up the phone and when you finally reach someone, they are rude. Last but not least, I had heard that the company was having some serious financial issues. Be careful about investing in a company that may not be around much longer
Good-day Dml1,

In response to your disheartening post, we were never made aware of your mechanical placement problems concerning the Sistrum Platform. Since the release of Sistrum Platforms we have always offered a full refund policy for any reason whatsoever. In fact we are completely surprised that we have not heard from you with regards to your displeasure.

We do produce a surface protection disc (APCD2) for the listener who feels that the Audio Point would indeed scratch any surface.

I enjoy personally answering the majority of our company's telecommuntions and am willing to spend as much time with a client as is required of me. In addition, you may always leave a message and/or schedule a personal conversation suited to your timeline.

Audio Points continue to expand through thirteen years of industry success. The core of our company membership is made up of successful engineers (ME, EE, IE and DEE's) who consider your statement with regards to finance lacking truth.

We do look forward to speaking directly with you, (toll free) 1-877-668-4332.

As always - Good Listening!
Yes, I've got to say that Dml1's experience w/Sistrum and StarSound is completely the opposite of mine. Robert was 100% available and responsive to all my inquiries and questions and offered full return policy. Meanwhile, my Sistrum rack and speaker stands get better and better. They were a great improvement to an already very good system, and I personally love the looks of this distinctive, minimalist stand. You can adjust the audiopoints on each shelf to fit each component, large or small, perfectly. I even have my Linn turntable resting on the audiopoints on the top shelf and think the sound is much improved from when I had it on a Brightstar Big Rock before.
Yes I second Sc53's comments. The StarSound company was very responsive to my questions and presented a very professional and educated approach in dealing with customers about their products.

Ken
Esb - the purveyors of Sistrum gear have sullied their reputation here through shameless and deceitful self-promotion on this forum. Hence I have reservations and perhaps a bias.

Having tried their product I can say that I thought the sound was decidedly better than using simple brass cones, but generally in the same direction. That is to say, a muddy sounding system will open up using Sistrum, but at the expense of adding resonant peaks that will color all that passes through your system.

Under speakers seems the best application to me, but under electronics there seemed to me to be far better ways to go.