Rap music on high-end speakers

Hello,

I have audiophile taste in gear, but not in music. I listen to rap music, and occansionaly R&B. Is there anyone out there like me? What do you listen for when buying gear? I was wondering what are the benefits in getting better gear? I want to upgrade the speakers to either proac response 3.8 or wilson cubs. Here is my system:

Levinson No.23
aranov ls-9000
Platinum audio reference 2
Paradigm servo 15
kimber speaker wire
esoteric component wires
amc cdm7
tru
Amens Bryans Brother. I must say I think most of the light hearted jibes snouldn't be taken too seriously. Albert I got a big chuckle out of yours and can only say I wish I had come up with it myself. You have a very twisted sense of humor:^)

Tru it is through you and your generation that the continuation of 2-channel music reproduction rests. In truth hip-hop and rap music is not just limited to the States, it is a world-wide phenomenon that isn't going away soon whether we Boomers like it or not. I mean they have Rap music in Iran!! It has its own validity and speaks to a generation even though the parents of that generation in general don't like the message.

Truth be told regardless of how much I loved the Doors as a kid, my Dad never did. He thought Jim Morrison was a maniac. Well coming from his generation in retrospect I see his point, Jim WAS a maniac with a message of drugs, sex and party-on as much as the very thoughtful lyrics he put to song. It was much easier for me to enjoy Dad's music, excepting for maybe Larry Welk, pleaseeee someone tell me the appeal of that music? But Tru I love Funk and lets face it Rap is the contemporary progression of Rythm Blues and Funk and if you like it, I can dig it!

Honestly Tru, I wouldn't know what to tell you about a system for RAP. I would guess a good dynamic system with tight bass and as noted, a nice clear midrange would do just fine. There are many including NHT 2.5i to the 3.3, very dynamic with excellent bass and a very good midrange. A powerful ss amp, maybe a Sunfire works very well with the NHTs. Just pass the word on to your buddies that think that 2k watts with 18" subs in a trunk makes for good bass.
Why do some fools complain about the type of music that folks choose to listen to.I have a high end set up and I listen to salsa,latin jazz,70Sr&b,even some hip-hop and rap.Sure you would need large woofers,but not Cerwin Vega..Sound like crap.I have B&Ws 802 series 3 and they can handle it.All because folks buy high end does it necessarly mean that we listen to only classical or jazz,I dont think so.To those boneheads who chosse to insult the person who posted this thread,youre nothing but a bunch of closed minded nuts.To those who defended the author of this thread,right on.everybodys entitled to listen to what they choose to and if they spend the loot who is one to dictate to another whta they should or not listen to.I have a D.L.G. CD that have heavy bass lines and it's latin rap,and it sounds great in the setup i have.
Thanks for all of the comments and suggestions. I didnt think this thread would be such a big hit. I was never mad. I know comments or jokes like some of the ones here get posted. Some of you seem so serious about it, it doesnt seem like a joke. I have listened to many many speakers. I think my platinums are very good, but like all of you out there, I want a change. Any more comments?
TRU as an audiophile who listens to everything from classical to death metal (excluding country)I would suggest B&W n 801s. However, if it were me I would elect to trade the paradigm sub in on a velodyne hgs 18 you will need it to get the very bottom notes. Just my two cents.

happy listening,

Damon