Quality Monitors?

Hi There:i'm looking to upgrade my speakers(paradigm ref v 40's-2),will appreciate opinions on monitors that will offer better performance retaining a strong bottom end performance while bettering the paradigms in every other category,price range will be at $1,500 used,here is my system:
classe transport.
resolution audio chronos jitter attenuator which also splits the digital signal into two resaudio quantum dacs in balance mode(digital heaven).
simaudio moon I-5 integrated.
cables are mapleshade omega mikro dig.,and synergistic ic's
dh-labs q-10 biwire speaker cable,thanks in advance,AL
alfred
You could try Silverline SR17s. I demoed these against the 805s and thought they were more accurate and imaged better. Meadowlark also makes a fine monitor thats worth considering.
Look for a pair of used ACI Jaguars. Hard to find, but well worth it. Their $1200 new Sapphire III LEs walk all over my Sonus Concertos. The Jags are reported a big step up over the Sapphires which have often been very favorably compared to Naut 805s. Sometimes ACI has demos with full money-back warranty etc.(they sell new for $2600). Last week they had a demo set up for $1500 but they were gone like a day later.
Castlesteve beat me too it - The Silverline SR-17s replaced Paradigms in my house, and they are marvelous. I did the obligatory head to heads with competitors (some mentioned in this thread, some not) and just thought these were musical without losing a bit of accuracy. They're also very smooth throughout the spectrum - bass is crisp, full and fast, highs are strikingly natural. I've found them fairly forgiving of placement, but when properly set up they give a fine and detailed soundstage. I guess I like them.

chas
Not sure how well they'd mate with the Sim, but I'd recommend the Tyler Acoustics Ref. Monitor around $1200. Second the recommendation on the ACI Jaguars above too.