Why do only US makers focus on time coherency?

Just curious...it seems that the handful of truly time and phasecorrect speaker makers...Vandersteen,Thiel,Meadowlark,Green Mtn,Thiel,etc,,,are all US based companies...why is this? Are there any Euro/Brit speakers that come to mind? (Besides Quad stats?)
128x128phasecorrect
Dawgbyte: What thread appr 1 week ago was discussing the Walsh driver? I somehow missed that one. Sean
>
Sean99 good question...although the SPicas' front baffle is quite wide...it is covered in felt which greatly reduces "smearing" (which you already know)...and does come into play...along with the SPicas unique crossover network and sloped baffle...to certaintly "behave" like a phasecorrect speaker(which you already know as well!)...I believe it was marketed as such...but the mid driver does have a 4th order crossover componet...not sure...at any rate...enjoy your Europas! I am an owner as well(as are many others)...and suffice to say....I have been very pleased with my purchase...they have that "liquid midrange" presentation which few have...I have mine 4 ft from the rear wall and and about 4 ft from side walls with a listening triangle distance of 9ft...they dont quite have the recessed sound of the SPicas...but they do have improved transparency, detail and bass...as well as imaging and soundstaging that can only be described as breathtaking...tell us what you think!
The Brits at Kef was making time (and phase?) coherant speakers 25 years ago with the 105. And they do image nicely.
Shayner,

Wake up & do some reading!!! Educate yourself before making incorrect rebuttals!
Hi, I'm not a very technical person, but what do you think of a full range electrostatic design, such as Soundlab or Martin Logan CLS? Is such a design by definition time and phase coherent? Or how about (dipolar) line sources, like the Pipedreams or some loudspeakers from Genesis?

dazzdax