Best match with Proac Response Series

Hi

I recently bougth Proac Response 2.5. I'd like to know from experienced listeners which electronics best match with those speakers.

THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS.
dpare
A great amp with the response 2.5's is the Cary 805C(50 watts SET). This combo won best sound under $50,000 at the 1996(?) Sterophile audio show in NY in a system setup by Audio Connection, a high end store in Verona, New Jersey(they carry both brands). I had an opportunity to listen to this combo for an extended period of time and it was easy to see what all the fuss was about. It's just one of those magical synergestic combinations with great imaging, a midrange to die for and,yes, can play loud with excellent bass. The audio research VT-100 is an excellent amp which makes a great match with the 2.5's, but you really owe it to yourself to at least give the 805's an audition, you just might be smitten.
i've heard proac 2.5's driven to great effect w/an arc 100.2 s/s amp & the toobed arc ls16. the owner of this system purchased the arc stuff based upon the recommendation of the usa proac distributor. supposedly it's what the owner of arc uses to drive the 2.5's in his home rig...

doug s.

hmmm, i wonder what was so bad w/my prewious post to garner negative wotes. i've had ample opportunity to hear the proac/arc combo, & it sounds excellent. it's what the usa proac distributor recommends for the speaker. it's what they said the owner of arc listens to in his home. if anyone can enlighten me as to where i went wrong here, perhaps i can do better next time... NOT!!! ;~)

doug s.

I just auditoned an Audio Electronics Super Amp Sig. DJH edition with my 2.5s and it makes great music. Proper extension at the freq. extremes, wonderful soundstaging, and lots of natural instrumental color. In my opinion, a terrific amp for $2,000.00. Lots of tubes rolling options with this DJH version, also. Not a lot of power and drive, though, watch out for large rooms.
I have 2.5s and am currently playing with 3 different amps: CJ11a, Pass Aleph 3, and Pass X-150. You know what? The 2.5s sound wonderful with all of them. I wonder if it's possible to get this terrific speaker to *not* make music with any decent amp. But after reading this thread, I think I'd better try out something from ARC.