BEST SPEAKER FOR BRYSTON 7B ST,,,

hi folks!!! i am currently on the market for an excellent
pair of speakers for my beloved bryston 7b st...i just love the sound
of these amp and having fun right now BUT have decided to
change/upgrade my speakers...here is my set-up: preamp is
bryston bp25, amp is bryston 7b st, sources are both linn
ikeme and sony scd 777es, conditioner is chang lightspeed
9900 for the amp and ps audio p300 for the preamp and source...ic's are nordost quattro fil for all (just purchased and actually on the way)and speaker cable will be
nordost spm reference...I HAVE USED AND SOLD THE FOLLOWING
SPEAKERS for these set-up (except that i havent used the
nordost line in these configuration, but have used cardas
golden reference ic and golden cross speaker cable in biwire
set-up) AERIAL ACOUSTICS 7B, MIRAGE OM8 AND OM6, MONITOR AUDIO SILVER 5i AND 7i, DEFINITIVE TECH. BP3000TL...AND RIGHT NOW I AM ON THE BERGE OF UPGRADING TO A BETTER (???)SOUNDING SPEAKERS...MY CHOICES ARE THE FOLLOWING IN ORDER
OF PRIORITIES:
1. B&W 802
2. AERIAL ACOUSTICS 10T
3. PROAC 3.8
4. THIEL 7.2
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD TO ANY OF MY CHOICES IF YOU'VE USED
THEM WITH THE BRYSTON 7ST OR AT LEAST HEARD THEM ON A DEMO..MY HOMETOWN IS SO FAR AWAY FROM MOST HI-END DEALERS
WHICH LIMITS ME FROM MAKING AN AUDITION...YOUR COMMENTS WILL
BE GREATLY APPRECIATED... by the way i mostly listened to
classic rock music (like pink floyd, van halen, bad co., etc) and my music room is roughly, i would say moderate size..I'VE HAD FUN WITH THE SPEAKERS THAT I'VE USED AND
MENTIONED ABOVE BUT I JUST FEEL THE ITCH (AGAIN..AND AGAIN) TO TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT FOR THE LAST TIME (???, THAT'S
WHAT I TOLD MY WIFE)...THANKS IN ADVANCE FOLKS!!!
bnotes
Nice setup dude but man ... CHANGE YOUR PREAMP

it's by FAR the worst thing in your system, you will thank me a thousand times if you do...next thing to go is the amp too by the way...what speakers you got now? B&W Nautilus 802s are AWESOME...get those.

P.S. depending on where you live i might be able to get you a pair
Magnepan 3.6 speakers are wonderful with that set up. I use them in a similar kit with same amps, interconnects, speaker cable; the Marantz SA-1 SACD and the TacT AA pre-amp room correctionn system.
Let me know how you like the 802s with it. the 801 was the only contender in my system at the time i bought. i never compared the 802
Best of luck,
Jim
hales rev 3's -- reasonable price allows you to go to a tube preamp

my system -- 7b-st's, rogue 99, tara interconnect/speaker cables, meridian 508-24, blue circle power pillow, various cords, etc

i listed to everything -- lots of bass heavy electronica and rock, but jazz/opera/world/classical too. the hales do everything well if they have enough power -- like the 7b's have.

I have almost the opposite consideration on my hands. I bought the N802's and really love them. I am now searching for the right amp for the speakers and have the 7Bst's on my short list. I also considered the ProAc's but they didn't quite have the same low end force that the N802's do. The 801's vs 802 is a closer call. With some music, they are very close in the bass. With other music the 801's seemed a little boomy to me and I prefered the 802's, but yet at other times, I feel like I'm missing some bass and perhaps should have gone with the 801. I like the look of the 802's a whole lot better, plus my dealer allows trade-ups, so I figured I'd start with the 802's and decide later. I had a Parasound HPA-2200II (250W) and tried my older Bryston 4B, which I felt was better in the bass, and am now auditioning a Proceed HPA2 which has more detail and tighter control over the bass than the Parasound. I would really like to try the 7Bst or 14Bst with the 802's. So if you end up with the 802's, you'll have to let me know how it turns out.