monitor w/ bass?

Any recomendations on a 2-way bookshelf/monitor speaker that has decent bass response. I would use them with a mid power solid state integrated amp.
mattman
B&W - silver signature (WOW!) or any of the CDM-1 incarnations .... or better, N805s. All have good bass, the Silver Signatures will blow you away. (they should at the price) I own CDMs and find that a higher current amp brings the bass to life. I auditioned N805s with fairly large Classe amps and found the bass to be very good also.
It appears that you are looking for a very small monitor as you used the term "bookshelf". (Bookshelves are a terrible place for loudspeakers.) In my experience the two best small monitors are the Totem 1 or better yet the Red Rose Music M3. You will be amazed at the bass output from these small speakers. The RR M3's also require little power. They seem to defy physics.
I am personally a big B&W fan and normally would recommend either the 805N's or the Silver Signatures, but I wouldn't classify them as "bookshelf" speakers.
Good luck and happy hunting!
Richard
I heard a recent Snell bookshelf speaker. I forget exactly which model, maybe the Q. They seemed built real well, and good bass for a speaker that size. Solid overall. I don't know if you'd be able to find them used, but it's worth a shot. Snell does a lot for the money, even new (I'm biased, I use the C/V for my mains). As someone mentioned, though, bookshelves aren't the greatest place for speakers. Money no object, I just heard the Dyanudio Confidence 3, which at $8000, driven by a 100w/ch spectral amp, were astounding. You probably want a sub if you're going to spend that kind of money on monitors though, even ones with good bass.
I agree with the B&W recommendations above. The 805N is awesome but expensive. The CDM-1NT comes pretty close for a lot less money. If cost is a factor, try a pair of Soliloquy 5.0s. They give the B&Ws a serious run for a lot less money. Silverlines might be another good alternative.

What is your budget? Knowing this will help everybody make better recommendations. Good luck.

Brady