To Sub or not to Sub...?

...Or to buy best full range speakers i can afford? For listening classical music.
tinfoil26929
Aaron, don't do this to you. They are such a bitch to set up right, but if you like rumbling "tubes" on Mozart, so be it. You have my blessing.
If you want two subs and cannot afford two good ones, buy one for now and save for the second. One good sub is better than two cheap ones.
....and so unfortunatedly is Detlof about setting these critters up. So A.L. beware.......
vmps' are good *and* cheap. :>) i've heard the top-line welodynes, & the mid-line rels in one-sub set-ups - they never sounded right, the bass always sounded like it was coning from the sub, never blended into the soundstage, and was boomy one-note *thump*. perhaps set-up was poor. the *only* time i ever heard a single sub set-up sound ok was a hsu powered sub - one of the older models that, while round, wasn't as tall as the latest iterations. it was placed in the near-field, like a coffee-table, right in front of ya. the soundstaging was wery natural...

doug s.