What is/are your the most favourite composer s ?

...not neccesarily classical but the ones that just blasting song after song, I just mean a serious one i.e. with sophistication level certainly higher than a 12-bar blues.

I nominate the following in no particular order:

Irmin Schmidt,
Astor Piazzolla,
Rachmaninoff,
Prokofiev.
128x128marakanetz
The responses are quite interesting. Only one or two contempory (currently living and composing) composers! Many of the favorites are well over 100+ years old.

My fovorites include:

Part, Mozart, Bach, Vivaldi, Tavner

John
decided to bring this one back to life........
Mendehlsonn(especially the violin concerto w/Heifetz), Beethoven, Schumann, Bruckner(symphonies, selectively), Bruch(violin concertos), Brahms, Dvorak(everything), Puccini, Mahler(all symphonies), Elgar(everything), Barber(violin concerto), Copeland(clarinet concerto), Corigliano(clarinet concerto), Glazunov, Saint-Saens(cello concerto, violin concerto), Prokofiev, Shostakovich(absolutely everything), Rachmaninoff(piano works).
I have to reply because nobody's mentioned Verdi! :) I adore a lot of things he wrote, including but not limited to Simon Boccanegra (just get Abbado's on DG, it's the perfect performance), Rigoletto, Macbeth, Aida, La Traviata, Il Trovatore, Requiem, and, and.. Hehe..

I also love:

- Puccini (almost everything)
- Mussorgsky (Boris Godunov is stunning, get the Karajan version on Decca)
- Borodin (Prince Igor! The Polovtsian Dances is pure magic)
- Rachmaninov (Vespers + lots of other things)
- Dvorak (just hear the cello concerto! Get the Helmersson/Jarvi version on BIS!)
- Arvo Part (one of the few modern composers I like. I'm very attached to Alina right now)

.. and many other things too! :)
Don't know how and why, but I forgot to mention Tchaikovsky in my prior post.