What are B W 802 Series 3 s worth?

I was dinking around one of the local pawn shops looking at cd's 2 days ago when I went into their equipment room to see what they had. I immeidately spotted a pair of 802's series 3 sitting in the corner. They are asking $1500 for them but I'm sure I could haggle with them to get the price down. They appear to be in excellent condition. What are your thoughts on these speakers?
128x128grumpybb
That's a good price. The filter is/was an option(JUNK). Purchase the Krell/Anodyne/JPS filters instead.
Hey guys, thanks for your input. I went back today and did a little wheelin' and dealin' and stole them for $1300. The guy said they'd had them for close to a year so he was ready to unload them. They a few very minor little nicks on a couple of corners, but overall I'd rate them an 8. I think I got a hell of a deal! Happy listening. Brent
Brent, buy some Sound Anchor stands for these speakers. They definitely need stands and I found these to be the best for the B&W matrix series.
Hey Sc53, how much do those stands go for? I found their website but I didn't see any prices listed. Are they that much better than any other stand? Brent
Brent, Sound Anchor carries or will make stands custom-sized for various speakers, amps, and other components. If you call them and tell them you have 802's, they can give you a price. When I bought them for my 801's, they cost me about $400, but the base of the 801's is I think quite a bit bigger than the base of the 802's. I don't know if the Sound Anchors are better than everything else, but they have always been highly recommended for the B&W matrix series and I found them to tighten the bass on the 801's amazingly well. I also got a pair for my Matrix 805's, and they were great with those too. There are sometimes used ones for sale on audiogon and other sites. Good luck!
Sarah (sc53)