Speakers 500,for Audio Refinement Amp

I am currently getting a new system, sold my Audio research LS-7 pre and my Rogue 88 ,replaced it with "The Audio Refinement Complete integrated amp.Also selling my Martin Logan Aerius speakers, so I am looking for an inexpensive small bookself speaker, the smaller the better and under $500,I like the new B&W LM1's, perhaps bostin acoustics, Yes I know I am downgrading but the amp is really great and I do have a MSB DAC and Nordost wires so I still have the makings of a very 'good' system if I can get ther right speakers, Thanks for any suggestions, Nick
128x128happynick
Maybe a pair of Linn Kan's or if you could squeeze another $100 there are a pair of Silverline SR12's for sale for under $600 (I have no connection to the the seller) that would be nice. I just sold a pair of Castle Isis that are great little speakers, but I rarely see them on the used market.
I would get something like a Paradigm Studio 20 or something with a lively balance. Both the Audio Refinement and the MSB dac are laid back in sound....a pair of Totem Mite's could be another choice....good luck
Castle Richmonds. Warm, smooth and a sound that belies their size. There are dealers here on audiogon selling the "demo's" for $320 or so. Sean
>
With the Compelete I would suggest looking at speakers that present an easy load in order to get the most out of your amp. 8ohm, 88db or more. My first thought was the Dynaudio 40 but it does best with more current. B+W has the new 300 budget range, I havnt heard them but they might be promising.