Lowther classic audio

Does any body have a set of these that could comment on the sound of these . I hear the speakers only work well in the horn loaded cabinets, not the bass reflex type. Is the bass better than the horn type , do these image as well . Greg
128x128drumsgreg
Thanks Sean and Dekay, I have the web site that tells about the new type Lowthers, they claim they work in a bass reflex cabinet. I always heard these speakers need to be horn loaded to get the bass to work, so what I`m after is has some body heard these in the bass reflex cabinet and what did they sound like, I know some people love the horn Lowthers , but I`m looking for a littler better low end. The Lowthers are , as I hear,very fast and very good from the upper bass and the mids are great, there imaging is second to none. the music I play is mostly jazz and fusion and these speakers are very good with it I`m told.
Hi Drumsgreg, I have heard the new bass reflex and can say it's an improvement over the older tower speaker (more bass). In my opinion sounds better than the horn loaded also. If you call David Dicks (I think thats his name) he is VERY honest and will tell you how it is. I think you will want to add a powered subwoofer regardless if its in your main listening room. As Dekay mentioned the Hammer Dynamics Super 12 Loudspeaker Kit is available. Although the designer/owner passed on to audiophile heaven, his wife plans on keeping the business going. From what my friend that has visited and listened to both speakers tells me, he prefers the Hammer.
Lak, Thanks ,I`ll call him tomarrow and see what he said about the speakers. did they image well when you heard them , I just get tired of hearing the speakers and not a whole lot of the music. Thanks Greg
YES, they image very well. You just have to let David know what type of room you have, to determine which speaker is best for you. David has the BEST pricing I could find. I highly recommend him as an audiophile and gentleman. What type of amp/preamp will you use? Let us know what he says!
I have the Rogue 66 and the 88 power amp, the cables are all Mapleshade and the digital will be the AudioNote DAC1.1 when it gets here and the speakers I now use are the Meadowlark Shearwater, but they will go back in the H.T. room with the rest of the Meadowlark speakers.These speakers sound great but I just don`t want to pull them out so far in the room to get them to image,which they do well . I originally bougth them for the H.T. room were they have been making great sounds with the other Meadowlarks.I`m tring to find a speaker that will let the drums out of the box if you know what I mean.I hear the Lowthers dont have to be so far out in the room to image like a bandit. And they are reported to be very fast for dynamic drivers. Thanks Greg