Speaker Suggestions?/Advice Needed.

Attempting to assemble best cd only playback system within a budget. I have a Wadia 6 direct to Threshold T200(100watt). Listen to a wide variety of music. Going into a 12' x 15' room. Roughly 2>3K to spend. Which used fullrange speakers might compliment/mesh with this digital setup??? Thanks in advance for your advice guys this is my first go at the Hi End.
nomad
NHT 3.3 used, around 15/16 hundred used. Vandersteen 3a or 3a sig's for a bit more.
I can recommend the Shearwater (non Hot-Rod)as I have a pair but think you should seek out Totem speakers -- particulary the Sttaf and Forrest (also own these). I have been in HIFI for 20+ years and owned several dozen high end speakers but the Totems are the first ones I've owned that sound highend without high price. They would be a perfect match in a room your size and are so articulate and sonically accurate that you will be suspicious of them!. Some calim they are bright or lack bass but that is probably a room response or something related to cable or electronics -- there is so much audiorubbish and squirrelphile gear out there I am surprised that anyone can tell what is good any more. I use an RTA / Room Equalizer to help adjust response from the speakers in conjunction with the room to get the most out of my collection of speakers. The difference can be stunning and make a good speaker sound great so do not be afraid of using and RTA/equalizer, only the geeks who do not thoroughly understand the physics of sound propagation dislike them.
i think that there are alot of great speakers out there in your budget range (silverline, b&w, totem, etc.). it's all really a matter of your own preference. in my opinion, it's allways best to have a listen at home first. if you have a good dealer, this shouldn't be a problem. you can't really tell what they will sound like in the showroom unless they have the same equipment and the same acoustics that you do at home. have fun with your search(that is what it's all about, isn't it?).