THE BEST SMALL SPEAKERS

I HAVE A CONFINED AREA AND I AM LOOKING FOR AS CLOSE TO A FULL RANGE SPEAKER AS POSSIBLE. SATALITES WITH SUBWOOFER?[WISHFUL THINKING?] YOUR THOUGHTS. 19" H X 10" W X 20" D
bsm
My current fave is the Dynaudio Countour 1.3MK.II. Punchy as all hell, with as uncolored a midrange as you'll find. Same mr/bass driver as the Totem 1 Signature, a well reputed speaker I haven't heard. Inefficient and pricey, though. Thiel CS.5 also a good choice at $1500. Two more very good ones--the new Proac Tablette 2000 and 2000 Sig. models--just use heavy stands. Thanks
Without a doubt, Acoustic Energy AE-1 Signatures. They will soundstage and image with some of the best speakers money can buy. Give them a fast high current amp and yours toes will be tapping.
I'm using a pair of Paradigm ref. active 20's and love them - excellent bass to 38hz and for the price (@ $850 used) , you cant go wrong - only need a source and a preamp - the amps are included.
In Decenber issue if TAS, John Marks nominated "SuperElf" by Shahinian Audio ($750 factory direct) for the Golden Ear Award and for the good reason best MUSICALLY sound pair of small speaker I heard. if you can afford Compass ($1,500) you will have extended bass as well
Consider Snell Qbx 20's. Price around $800. These have been out about a year and half now - not widely distributed nor reviewed -- but a very good speaker. All the usual superlatives apply. Find a pair and listen for yourself!