THE BEST SMALL SPEAKERS

I HAVE A CONFINED AREA AND I AM LOOKING FOR AS CLOSE TO A FULL RANGE SPEAKER AS POSSIBLE. SATALITES WITH SUBWOOFER?[WISHFUL THINKING?] YOUR THOUGHTS. 19" H X 10" W X 20" D
bsm
Bsm: The guys who mentioned Sonus Faber are right on track. I own a pair of the Electa Amatours (originals). They are truly awesome & as full range as you can get for a monitor along with being fairly efficient too (88db 1 watt @1 meter, 8 ohms, nominal 6-1/2 ohms). These have become a classic of which many use as a standard to compare monitors. Do get the orignals, not the II's. The originals have the famous esotar 330 silk dome tweeters. Extremely musical yet detailed & deserve the very best of electronics.
ProAc Tablette 50 Signatures (6.5W x 7D x 11L) work extremely well in a small listening room.
i think 'ya got you're room dimensions screwed up, but maybe not. do you really have 19' ceilings in a 10'x20' room? if so, wow! i envy you. IAE, i highly recommend the avalon symbols. they've just been introduced in the u.s. (they will be shown at ces in the muse electronics room in a 6-channel configuration, including a center and sub. the subs are powered by muse amps and, like the symbols, will be sold separately or as 5.1 or 6 channel systems). i've spent a considerable amount of time listening to the symbols as 2-channel speaks diven by both analog and digital frontends. they are fabulous, and, for your application, sound spectacular even in the near field. i wouldn't even think about buying another monitor-sized speaker pair in the $3k range without auditioning the symbol. FWIW, my older son has already purchased a pair for delivery as soon as they are available.
I have heard the Audio Physic Step and thought that it was a great sounding small speaker. It is limited by the fact that the woofer is very small and can handle only so much power before bottoming out. If you do not listen to loud music it may be an excellent choice. If you do listen to loud music the ProAc Response speakers are great musical speakers. You may be able to fit the 1.5 in that space. They are expensive, but they would enable you to have full range sound in your narrow room.