THE BEST SMALL SPEAKERS

I HAVE A CONFINED AREA AND I AM LOOKING FOR AS CLOSE TO A FULL RANGE SPEAKER AS POSSIBLE. SATALITES WITH SUBWOOFER?[WISHFUL THINKING?] YOUR THOUGHTS. 19" H X 10" W X 20" D
bsm
Are those the demensions of the speakers? Dimensions are in inches. Almost any bookshelf speaker is smaller. For $450 new a pair of B&W DM601 S2 are great. For even less, even the B&W DM302 for $250 new (Stereophile recommended) are a steal.
Coincident Triumph Signatures - easy to drive, wonderful cabinetry, super sound...
I also auditioned the Triumph Sigs and agree with RGB. It was a toss up between them and the Reynauds. The Triumphs champed in the detail dept. plus have a very smooth impedence curve and the less expensive Twins were softer and a little more musical.
Ya gotta toss in the Neat Petite and Royd Albions into your shortlist for audition. www.neat.co.uk www.royd.com
can the speakers be out in the room or must they be against a wall? all the speakers above will not do well against the wall - it's not so much size, as placement - proper stand-mounted small speakers take up the same room as many floorstanders. if ya need 'em against the wall, consider linn, or a couple of models by psb & thiel, specifically made for this application. i'm sure there are others...

doug