Meadowlark Kestral Owners! - Amp Help.

I recently moved the system into a room that sucked the life out of my EPos ES12'and have ended up with a pair of Hot Rod kestrals- Definetly an improvement in the low end. But things still didn't seem quite right. I replaced my CJ MV 52 (45 watt) with an old Rotel RB970(70 Watt) I had laying around and while not as smooth, things just worked better. I guess the answer is I need more power and am thinking of getting something in the 100-150 watt range Solid State. Any suggestions? The rest of the system: Micromega Stage 2, Audible Illusions Modulus 3. Oh yeah, I'd like to spend in the $700 to $1000 range. Thanks for you input
prfont
The best I have heard is with a tube ultralinear amp. I beg you to try this. The Kestrel Hot Rods are wonderful wonderful speakers. I had them hooked up one nite with the Ah! Tjoeb run direct into and Anthem Amp 1 and will tell you it was stunning. So musical. So I suggest the Anthem....or maybe the AES Super Amp. The Super Amp is a smidge out of you budget...not much...but worth it. While those speakers are sooo easy to set up to sound good...tweaking with rear wall distance and height via the spikes makes a HUGE diff....
Kevin, you are so right about spiking and results. I had been demo-ing these at home and very causually placed them on DH pads(not cones) thinking these would be fine-WRONG. Last night I placed the speakers on two spikes and one BDR cone (I only had 4 spikes) and WHOA! Totally new speaker! All my misgivings about these speakers were washed away. Sadly, perhaps tragically, my CJ MV 52 has been alternately blowing left and right channel fuses so I've can't see what they'll do here. But that's another story..... Thanks again all - I finally know what everyone has been raving about. I think I'm 95 % there, and can sit back and relax knowing these will be sticking around.
Prfont, I just auditioned the Meadowlark Kestral Hot Rod yesterday was driven by a plinius 8120? not so sure at Audio Alternative in Atlanta and it was a great time! Anyway your system is Stage 2, Audible Illusions Modulus 3 I would recommend an amp that I'm familier with......the winner is Aragon 8002(<$800 used).... would definately be a great match for your system and fit you budget. However you should try some Bryston 3BST, McCormack DNA .5 Deluxe as your speaker doesn't need much power beyond those amp that I said above 2B great... That's just my op. Happy New Year, Rute.
They do sound great, don't they? If a customer has a whacky room or a hollering wofe it's the perfect ticket. While any speaker will sound best with perfect placement the Kestrels and to a similar degree the Shearwaters are so forgiving. You know what else is easy to place? Avantgarde!!!!