Why lots of B&W Nautilus for sale used?

I see a lot of B&W Nautilus speakers for sale, mostly 804s and 805s and some 803s. Considering the Matrix was around for 10 years, you would think there would be lots of them for sale from upgrading, but no. So is the Nautilus really better than the older Matrix overall despite what we hear??
sugarbrie
I agree with Dan2112 - I have Nautilus 802 speakers spaced about 9' apart and they sound great. These speakers replaced a pair of Matrix 802 Series III speakers. The Matrix 802 speakers are good but the Nautilus is superior and worth the increase.
I own a pair of Nautilus 802. These speakers are amazing. They can image like a minimonitor if not better and capable of deep, tight and tuneful bass. I set them about 9 ft apart. They are very coherent (actually if not more coherent than my previous speaker Thiel 2.3). You need to be patient with these speakers because they need very long break in time (at least 200 hours) and need high current power amp to sound really good (I drive them with Krell FBP 300) The spike feet do make a big inprovement in sound quality. They are very transparent. So give them a high quality source and drive them with excellent preamp-poweramp, they will sing beautifully.
You can do alot better then B&W speakers for the same amount of money.I think mabe these people have found that out for themselves.Now I know that it is all relitive,if you have some one who has been living with Definitive Technology,Bose,Paradigm,Polk or speakers of that sort,when they hear B&W for the first time hell they probably thought they heard god.I have been an Aerial dealer now since 93 and I have never in that time lost a sell to B&W.I have taken my speakers to their house or they brought them to me.I have even had people take them from the local dealer and bring them over before they bought.I have always offered to bring my speakers to anywhere locally for comparison but as far as stores are concern there were never any takers.In fact most of the salesmen at the local B&W store own speakers that I sell which pist the owner off so much that he band any employees from entering my store again and that I was the enemy.In fact one went so far as to say that now he feels like he has been lying to people all these years.
Prior to my purchase of the B&W Nautilus 802 I have lengthy in home audition comparing Aerial 10T, Revel Sudio and N802. There is no comparison, the Nautilus 802 is the winner. I bought a pair and can not be happier. The rest of the system: Muse Model 8 and 296, CAT Ultimate preamp, Krell FBP 300, PS Audio PP300, NBS Monitor I interconnet, Monitor II and Monitor III speaker cables for biwire.
I have listened to the Nautilus 805 speakers and have found them to be very good speakers. From some of the posts and threads at this site it looks that they may require a little extra time and effort regarding setup and system synergy. Some of the owners have been very successful with this and are therefore pleased with the speakers. Those that have not been so successful may be the ones that are selling the speakers. I think that we can all agree that any high resolution speaker can be challenging to setup and incorporate. I consider the Tweeter on the 805's to be exactly that (high resolution), mock me if you must. I have also rarely seen equipment set up to its best advantage and performance in any audio shop. I do not own Nautilus speakers myself and this is just my take on it..