Why lots of B&W Nautilus for sale used?

I see a lot of B&W Nautilus speakers for sale, mostly 804s and 805s and some 803s. Considering the Matrix was around for 10 years, you would think there would be lots of them for sale from upgrading, but no. So is the Nautilus really better than the older Matrix overall despite what we hear??
sugarbrie

Showing 10 responses by a94510

I own a pair of Nautilus 802. These speakers are amazing. They can image like a minimonitor if not better and capable of deep, tight and tuneful bass. I set them about 9 ft apart. They are very coherent (actually if not more coherent than my previous speaker Thiel 2.3). You need to be patient with these speakers because they need very long break in time (at least 200 hours) and need high current power amp to sound really good (I drive them with Krell FBP 300) The spike feet do make a big inprovement in sound quality. They are very transparent. So give them a high quality source and drive them with excellent preamp-poweramp, they will sing beautifully.
Prior to my purchase of the B&W Nautilus 802 I have lengthy in home audition comparing Aerial 10T, Revel Sudio and N802. There is no comparison, the Nautilus 802 is the winner. I bought a pair and can not be happier. The rest of the system: Muse Model 8 and 296, CAT Ultimate preamp, Krell FBP 300, PS Audio PP300, NBS Monitor I interconnet, Monitor II and Monitor III speaker cables for biwire.
Sound_decisions...the term "musical" is totally subjective and I seriously doubt that the gear you have mentioned as " more resloving" than the gears I have. I listened to Gryphon gears. They are definitely not my cut of tea.
The Gryphon gears have reliability problem. The newest Krell FPB series power amp is vastly superior, and to me "more musical" than the prior Krell amp.
No Thanks sound_decisions, I will keep all the gear I have for a long time. Since you are a dealer for Gryphon, I take your words with a grain of salt and I only trust my own ears.
Sound_decisions has your business of selling the Gryphon and Aerial been slow lately forcing you so aggressive advocating for them. Or is it because your neighbor B&W and Krell dealers outsell the lines you carry making you angry. I am happy for you that you found your promise land through your beloved Gryphon gears. It is just that they are not my cup of tea. I still want to wish you good luck for your business.
Sound_decisions when you have a pair of Krell FBP 350M for sale don't forget to e-mail me. Thanks in advance.
Sound_decisions just thought that I could do something to help out your business. So you don't have to work so hard to convince people to buy your Gryphon. If no Krell, then Mark Levinson, Pass or Roland will do because some of my friends are interested in them. But no Gryphon please. E-mail me.
Sound_decisions since Chrismas is not that far away, I really want to help out your business. I will even take Aiwa since my kid needs a boombox. But still NO Gryphon OK.