How good are Kef Reference 4's

Does anyone have an opinion on Kef Reference 4's? Would you suggest another speaker in this same price range? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks all.
Ag insider logo xs@2xdsweeney33
I haven't heard the Ref-IV but I adore the Ref-II. This speaker does everything a speaker should and it sounds wonderful! I.E. 1. It has a benign impedance curve so any amp can drive it (well, S.E.T's maybe...), 2. It crosses over before 200 Hz and after 2000 Hz (it doesn't mess with voices...), 3. It has an insane amount of tight fast bass for a speaker its size, 4. It has a true coincident tweeter so you can sit close to it and still get coherent sound, and 5. It's easy to move using the cool bass port on the front baffle! Enjoy!
I auditioned KEFs top speaker at the time over one year ago. Though largely a matter of personal choice, I was stunned how much better they were than the comparably-priced ProAcs. What the KEFs do very well is produce a full-range sound with world-class dynamics and ease. If you like the sound of these very large speakers look into the Brentworth Type IIIs; they have a similar sonic-signature in a much smaller package. They are also very easy to drive. I can't comment on the other Ref models, though they seem to be well respected. Good luck.
Mornin', I listened to the KEFs about a year ago. I used to own KEF 103/4s and loved them. The Model fours had uncontrolable bass in my room and could not fix it for the life of me so I returned them. Take a listen to Dynaudio. These seem to have the great qualities of the KEFs but in my opinion even better. The Contour series is great!!!!!!!!! You can email me for more info. [email protected] Also check them out at www.dynaudiona.com
I've never heard the KEF Reference Fours, but I've heard the Two's and I own a pair of KEF Reference 105/3's (which would place between the current model Three's and Four's. As stated before me, they cross over at good points and have a great "full range" sound. I have a pair of JPS Labs Golden Flutes on mine, and thus don't need a subwoofer as I'm hearing down to 25Hz or lower. As well, the Uni-Q arrangement with the midrange and tweeter allow for great, wide dispersement of the upper end. Midrange is excellent. I don't think you'd go wrong with these for the price.