Audio Physic Virgo Solid State Amps ?

I am looking for a good used solid state amp for my AP Virgo's. I currently run them with a vt100m2. I want something with excellent soundstaging, high detail, and tremendous bass. I listen to lots of jazz, classical soloists, vocals, and blues. I will spend between 700 and 3000. It should also have both rca and balanced inputs. I am considering a mccormack, levinson, or a pass amp. ---- Has anyone heard good Virgo/Solid State matches anywhere ?
john_l
Hi John, I have Audio Physic Avanti Centuries and use a Levinson 27.5 it is 100 watts (200 watts into 4 ohm) and drives the centuries very well. The Centuries are similar to the Virgo's, but have a little better bass and the levinson does drive the bass. Good Luck, Mike
Pass works wonderfully with my Avantis. Try the Aleph 3 first. If it is powerful enough you've saved a lot of money & have one of the best amps in existence.
what's wrong with the vt100mkII with the virgos? i have heard pass aleph 2 monos with the virgos....fabulous sound! but do tell me what you're finding to be a problem with the mkII, as i have one and am going to be getting virgos. thanks, dave
I'm getting very good sound with the vt100m2/virgo's. I'm just consolidating my THREE stereo systems to ONE (maybe two :>), and it makes sense that that one be solid state since it will be on quite a bit. My house looks a little too much like a stereo/guitar store right now. Anybody need a guitar ?
I used to own Virgos powered by vt100 mkI with Terra subwoofer. With the Terra they sounded better with vt100 mkI than mkII! By themselves they sounded best with BEL (Brown Electronic Labs) 1001 MkVs. These amps are hand tuned solid state pure class A 200 watts mono or 50 watts stereo which will still power the Virgos incredibly well. I have already sold my Virgos but still have the BELs for sale. I am totally biased but just as the Virgo defies belief so the BEL astonishes.