Most detailed speakers in 1K range?

Mostly for listening acoustic instruments, even at the expense of bass. I had Linn Keilidh (used) in mind, any other suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Also haven't decided on the amp yet.
lmasino
Without a doubt the Meadowlark Kestrel is a PRIME choice in your price range. A used pair of the 'Hot Rod' (biwire with enhanced rigidity) should run about 1K (new $1500) They're floorstanders so they don't need stands, and have adequate bass response (due to transmission-line loading) for most average-sized listening rooms. Give them a listen!
meadowlark hot-rod kestrals are musical speakers, but detailed, they're not. try proac, aerial, dynaudio, ae, meret, for starters. the linn speakers are also more detailed than the meadowlarks.
Try the NHT 2.5i's (but I'd stay away from the older "non-i" versions). They're quite detailed, and have a pretty good reach into the bass as well. The NHT's are definately not for everyone -- they can easily sound a bit bright or scratchy or harsh or "too detailed", especially when driven by "very detailed" equipment. They also have a pretty small sweet spot. Nevertheless, I'd recommend listening to a pair. Can find them on Audiogon for $750 and up.