Subwoofer for Magnepan 1.6?

I have a pair of Magnepan 1.6's on order and am thinking of adding a subwoofer. I'm going to set them up in a small room and my musical taste is skewed more toward vocals and chamber music rather than rock at high levels. I'd appreciate hearing of successes or failures in matching the two.
phil_murphy
A friend has a pair and we recently tried them with the Janis W1 sub, phenomenal!!!, I have also heard them with REL subs.
I own 1.6 Maggies and am using a REL Strata II sub.Downfire design seams well no bass boom or dicernable sub placement direction. I never cared for subs until I heard this one.
I too have a pair of 1.6's and in a small room you might want to consider just using them without a sub for a while, get to know them on their own terms, their bass is surprising good and after the break in period gets even deeper. I too was considering a sub but decided too get to know how they sound fully broken in before investing in a sub. My room is 14'X26' and I don't feel the bass is lacking. I have also heard very good things about the Vandersteen 2wq with the Maggies. The Maggies are so seemless and perfect without the sub, I too am on the fence about messing up a good thing up. Good Luck!
rehan said he dint have much luck w/his larger vmps subs x'd over at 40hz-12db/octave. amazing he even got "close", as he says - 12 db/octave is much too shallow a slope for electrostatics - you need at least 24db/octave. the vmps are great subs - the best at anywhere near the price. i'd suggest their originals, not the larger, for a small room. also, they now have updated drivers, which will be even faster & tighter. also, don't get one, whichever brand you get, you need two for proper imaging & integration for 2-channel stereo.