Best Small Office Speakers

I'm looking for a pair of very small speakers (max 12" high) to go with my NAD L-40 CD/Receiver for my office in a bookcase. I listen mostly at very low volume at work, and the NAD is only 20 watts per. Any suggestions for a good, reasonably priced (used?) pair? Maybe a great deal on a pair of used Tukans, or some PSB alpha minis? Thanks for the help.
mateored
I can anticipate the heat when I suggest this, but I chose a pair of Boston Acoustics speakers ( $200/pair )for our office at home. As an owner of Martin Logans I'm rather picky about sound quality, yet I found these mass market speakers to have surprisingly good sound.
I have a Nad 310 (same amp from the L40 I believe) in a bedroom system and have PSB Alpha A/V's hooked up to them (using Audioquest Type 4 speaker cable) which sounds pretty good. I also have the B&W DM302, which used to be hooked up to the Nad, but like the PSB's fuller bass with the 310.
I'd recommend listening to the Paradigm line. The Atoms and Titans are both fine little speakers and very affordable.
This suggestion might be a bit far afield, but consider small pro studio nearfield monitors. A set of Event 20/20 unpowered monitors list for est. $400, and I've had very good impressions in recording sessions with them. Mind you, they may not be as pretty as some of the suggestions above...rather utilitartian in design.