Advice on wire transfer and shipping to APO

I responded to a "wanted" post. The buyer is German and has agreed to payment via wire transfer, but wants it shipped to a friend with an APO address. I think APO stands for American Post Office and assume that means the friend is in the US Military in Germany. AFAIK, once the money hits my account via bank wire, the funds cannot be reclaimed, so I would be protected, but want to hear from anyone about the safety of this kind of transaction.
128x128swampwalker
Does this person have any feedback? Any good history? If not, I would not sell.
You cannot mail US goods to military, government, or contractors who have an APO in which that mailed product will be delivered to a local national, a German in this instance. It is against the Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) due to taxation and use of NATO mailing services to avoid paying import and duty of products received from the US. The person who owns the APO could face stiff fines, penalties, and loss of a security clearance and job if they are held culpable for such an action.

Ciao,
Post removed 
I have sold to International buyers who have asked me to lie about the price to avoid custom fees, VAT, etc. When I explain to them that I would also have to lower the insured value, and they would only be able to recoup what the item is insured for, most say OK. Some however come up with another contact within the USA for me to ship to, usually a relative or friend. Then they'll have their contact ship it to their wishes.

I have never had an issue with a bank wire transfer as far as safety goes. However, bank fees have been going up pretty drastically. I think it's up to $40 to accept an incoming wire transfer now. Even more if the funds have to be transfered into USD.